Monday, February 14, 2011

Let the blogging begin!

I'm on a roll, albeit much overdue. Three days of exercise in a row. (and got the garage cleaned out as a bonus!) I just couldn't get going when it was below freezing and iced over, but the weekend was great. Saturday I went out by myself for a ride and did 30 miles. Then yesterday I had a fun ride with Mary. Doug came along too. ;-) Fun except for that wicked Windhaven Hill, that is. I think I got passed by a jogger going up that thing. We got in 23 miles. The wind was pretty brutal on the last leg home.

Today was another nice day. I went to the gym around lunch time. I got a 15 minute warm up on an elliptical machine, then did some upper body /shoulder machines, situps and back extensions. Then this evening I got out for a quick 10 mile ride. I tried to keep my pace pretty high but I think my legs are pretty wasted from the past couple of days. I averaged 16.9 mph for the ride.

My plan is to get in some gym time and riding time both for the next three days, then take a break from the riding on Friday & Saturday. I guess I'll plan on doing the 36 mile route for my ride on Sunday down around Shelby. I was hoping to be ready to do the 67 mile route, but I don't think I'm quite ready for that. The decision point comes at about mile 30, so we'll see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment